Quite a bit actually.
Depending on whether or not you've had warts before will determine how much you know about them.
I have had warts before, and there are a few basic things that every dancer should know.
Basic wart etiquette:
- ALWAYS wear socks, tape, jazz shoes,ballet shoes(which you'd be wearing in ballet class anyway), or something that covers your wart.
- ALWAYS KEEP YOUR WART COVERED TO AVOID PASSING IT TO OTHERS AND/OR BACK TO YOURSELF
- TELL others(your teachers and friends/acquaintances) about it. Nothing to be embarrassed about, one time or another it will happen to almost anyone. Explain why you have tape on your foot, or why you always wear a sock into class. They may have tips to help you.
- Be mature about it. Don't be all like 'ooooooh grossssssss'(especially if it's someone
- Don't keep it forever. Make sure you get rid of it eventually.
Ways to get rid of it:
*I haven't actually done any of these except for liquid nitrogen and you do any of these at your own risk.
- Use salycylic acid and scrub off the dead skin. (do this about once every two days).
- Go to the doctor's office and get them to use liquid nitrogen. I did this, went to a drop in clinic, it was really quick and pretty easy. It was basically removed by freezing it off, didn't hurt much either.
- You can get your doctor to burn it off with a laser(would probably hurt).
- Get a doctor to cut it out.
- 'Choking' the wart by leaving duck tape on it constantly(wouldn't recommend this because it doesn't work that well, but you should keep it constantly covered with normal tape anyway, it helps weaken it)
- For people with multiple, warts, it is supposed to be very effective if you take a sterilized needle and poke it through all your layers of skin. This introduces the virus into your bloodstream and helps to get your antibodies to fight it back.
For more information about warts, here are a few links:
I hope I helped! If you have any questions you can email me(email@example.com) or ask me in the comments, I will do my best with my answer.
Thank you so much for reading this you have no idea what it means to me and I love you, please do keep coming back here.